Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Will Ebay make the deal? (With Myspace)

Myspace is currently discussing with Ebay, if you've read this article you won't be surprised.
Maybe this will be crucial for Ebay. Maybe it's simply : "make it or loose the e-commerce market". Sometimes i think it's just like Yahoo! and Google few years ago. Yahoo! didn't make it and you know the results...

I'm pretty sure that Myspace is a great opportunity for Ebay to growth now. Ebay network will be pretty hard to socialize... Myspace users are waiting to buy and to sell...
It's easier to make transactionnal links based on social experience than social links on commerce experience...

If they don't make it, another will. One survey of December says that myspace users are likely to sell and buy products through their social network, it's a more trusty network than Ebay one.

If Ebay provide his CtoC payment solution it could be the KO for Google Checkout...

Myspace deal on e-commerce seems to be the deal of the year. Myspace shouldn't wait too long, users are waiting, specially to buy music...

2 comments:

Just a thought said...

I love using MySpace for finding new and old music. I especially like finding Hometown type indie artists there. I use EBAY for purchases here and there and even rarely for selling anything. To be honest, lately I have been having a small hatred for eBay because of the hike in fees and the fact that they spam all the ads in your face even thought they charge your for their services. Just My 2 cents. I'm sure I'll lick my wounds :)

Gregory Talon said...

When I read this article more than one year later. I'm a bit sad for Myspace and Ebay that they completely struggled on this.